The Code of Ethics of NACPO is intended to establish a public and professional standard against which the business practices and conduct of its members may be judged. Companies that join NACPO signify their acceptance and intention to abide by its Code of Ethics to enhance the public and professional image of their business, NACPO, and their fellow members. Further, membership in NACPO creates a voluntary obligation, accepted by each member, to ensure the high standards of professional conduct to serve the best interests of their clients and customers.
The NACPO Code of Ethics requires all Association members to acknowledge and abide by the following principles:
1. Strive for excellence in all aspects of our profession, and maintain the highest standards of personal and professional conduct to bring credit to the Association.
2. In all industry practices, follow only the highest legal, ethical, and safety standards. Follow all local, state, and federal regulations. Never provide any service or product which is in violation of any law or safety standard.
3. Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance at all times.
4. Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices, and eliminate any and all practices which may bring discredit to NACPO, as well as the industry.
5. Utilize written contracts, which clearly state all charges, services, products, and other essential information to the client.
6. Never commit to the client any services or products that cannot be delivered. Honor all commitments, both oral and written, in spirit and intent, and strive to assure clarity and mutual understanding of all contractual relationships.
7. Conduct business and perform within the area of expertise and skills possessed by honestly and fairly representing your professional competency.
8. Demonstrate professionalism, respect, and cooperation with clients, colleagues, independent contractors, suppliers, and employees, so as to enhance the integrity, expertise and reliability of NACPO and all its members.
9. Commit to professional growth, knowledge, and expertise by staying current on industry trends, products, and services by utilizing industry magazines, newsletters, seminars, conventions, and other educational opportunities.
10. Recognize, subscribe to and actively participate in upholding the NACPO Code of Ethics and Principles, goals, and By-Laws of the Association.